WHO WE ARE
Wonderful and walkable, Downtown Boca is a gem within the City of Boca Raton, a 344-acre pedestrian friendly district of shops, businesses, restaurants, living spaces and green areas. It was here that famed 1920’s architect Addison Mizner established his signature Spanish-Mediterranean style, creating a lasting visual appeal that is evident in buildings both old and new.
Today, spending time downtown is always a treat. The community enjoys an array of amazing events year round – cultural arts festivals, outdoor concerts and culinary tours to name a few. The Boca Raton Museum of Art is one of many cultural attractions, while recreation seekers will find a tennis center, putting green and yoga in the park. Diners can explore 100+ restaurants, wine bars and pubs, and two shopping plazas – the celebrated Mizner Park and Royal Palm Place – also feature dining and living in tropical settings.
Downtown Boca charms its residents and visitors with beautiful architecture, diverse attractions, and idyllic public spaces.…come early and stay late!
The Boca Raton Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is the local government agency representing the interests of property owners in the City’s downtown district. The CRA is focused on keeping Boca beautiful and booming, encouraging economic development and supporting businesses. Its mission is to advocate, administer the policies, and assist the public, downtown property owners and businesses in order to achieve the CRA Vision of the Downtown.
For a little more information and a historic look back, click here for the: Downtown History Digital Brochure.
For a map of Downtown Boca,
click here: Map
Awards & Recognition
We are proud to have our district be continually recognized for our public spaces, events, livability, mobility, capital projects and more:
- Our 5th Annual Brazilian Beat festival received 2 awards from the Brazilian Press Awards
- The Florida Redevelopment Association (FRA) honored Downtown Boca with an award for our marketing campaign, Come Early, Stay Late in 2016
- Downtown Boca received not one, but 3! International Downtown Association (IDA) Merit Awards for our annual Brazilian Beat Festival (2015), our Pedestrian Promenade and Sanborn Square Arches (2015), and our marketing campaign Come Early, Stay Late (2016)
- The American Planning Association named Plaza Real one of its Top 10 Great Public Spaces in the US
- Movoto called Boca Raton one of the Top Five Best Dressed Small Cities (number two, to be precise)
- The League of American Bicyclists recognized us among just 11 other cities in Florida as one of the great Bicycle Friendly Communities